Features and Applications
- It is used in the surface coatings of parts exposed to cavitation and erosion in hydroelectric, thermal power plant, chemical, paper and petrochemical industries.
- Kavtam is Cobalt, Chromium, Manganese and Silicon alloyed manual stick electrode and used for hardlacing work pieces whichare subjects to severe cavitation and erosion
- The weld deposit is also resistant to corrosion, cavitation and erosion at high temperatures.
- Main applications are hardfacing of hydraulic turbines, pumps, valves, casings, rotors
- The hardness after welding is 250-300HB and after workhardened is approximately 450HB
- Requirement of re-drying for 2 hours at 300°C
||Diametré x Length (mm)
||Diameter x Length (inch)
||Welding Current (A)
||Weight g / 100 pcs
||Ø3.2 x 350
||Ø1/8 x 14
||90 - 130